Hancock County’s 12U travel softball team Gulf Coast Fire ‘N Ice played in the USFA Summer Bash at the Hancock County Sportsplex on June 13-14. This was the first girl’s travel softball tournament held in the facility. Fire ‘N Ice started the weekend defeating Mississippi Pride (3-2), Mississippi SWAT (11-1) and Semmes 12U Elite (3-1) on Saturday. The team remained in the gold bracket all day Sunday. They defeated the Diamond Krushers (6-3) and Southern Heat (6-5). They met back up with the Diamond Krushers in the championship round, defeating them 5-4, becoming the only undefeated team of the tournament.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our breaking news updates? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!
- Jim Ladner
- Gov. issues statewide public mask mandate, delays school for 7th-12th graders in eight counties
- SSC donates Old Gym goals to City of Bay St. Louis
- Thomas E. Schafer IV, “ Tommy”
- Project in Hancock County requests crab fishermen use caution during construction
- Diamondhead man sentenced for 'massive amount' of child porn
- Gwendolyn Montjoy
- Diamondhead Mayor Tommy Schafer dies
- MSDH reports 1,245 new cases of coronavirus, 51 new deaths
- Roy Austin Calhoun
View Demo e-Edition
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.