The Mississippi State Department of Health on Thursday reported 246 new cases of COVID-19 in the state and 11 new deaths, with one new case and no new deaths in Hancock County.
The new statewide total is 6,815 cases and 261 deaths, with 62 cases and five deaths in Hancock County.
The MSDH is now also starting to report weekly “presumptive” COVID-19 recovery figures. The department estimates that 3,413 Mississippi residents who have been afflicted with COVID-19 are now presumed to be recovered.
There were three new cases reported in Harrison County on Thursday, bringing the total to 174 cases with six total deaths.
In Pearl River County, there were six new cases and one new death reported Thursday, bringing the totals to 163 people with the virus and 19 dead.
“Anyone with symptoms of fever, severe cough or severe chest pains – especially those who are older or in poor health – should make arrangements for testing with their doctor or one of the many healthcare providers now performing testing,” according to MSDH. “Healthcare providers can assess your health history and symptoms, and perform testing for COVID-19 as needed. MSDH is also helping conduct free drive-up testing sites in many parts of the state. Always call ahead to the testing provider for instructions on safely being examined before you visit for your test.”
There are now COVID-19 testing sites open in Hancock County.
• Hancock Women’s Center, 1009 Benigno Lane, Bay St. Louis. Walk-ins are welcome, both male and female, with results in 36-14 hours. Open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.; and Friday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. For more, please call 228-467-2555 or go to www.hancockwomenscenter.com.
• Memorial Drinkwater Internal Medicine Walk-In Clinic, 300 Drinkwater Drive, Bay St. Louis, Monday – Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Memorial Hancock Family Practice, 4433 Leisure Time Drive, Diamondhead, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. –5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Call (228) 867–5000 before visiting a clinic to allow the staff to determine the next steps and to prepare for your arrival.
• Children’s International Medical Group — 467-1320
• Coastal Family Health Center — 228-463-9666.