The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) on Friday reported 209 new cases of COVID-19 in the state and 9 new deaths.
“Mississippi's total of COVID-19 cases since March 11 now stands at 16,769, with 803 deaths,” according to the agency’s statement Friday.
The number of active long-term care outbreaks is 116, MSDH states.
Hancock County’s totals stand at 90 cases with 12 deaths; with eight cases and three deaths in long-term care facilities.
As of June 4, there are currently 394 Mississippians hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 infection, MSDH states, 210 with suspected infection, 149 in ICU, and 84 patients on ventilators.
As of May 31, 11,203 Mississippi residents are “presumed recovered” from COVID-19, according to MSDH.
As of 6 p.m. on June 4, 201, 670 Mississippians had been tested for the virus.
“Anyone with symptoms of fever, severe cough or severe chest pains – especially those who are older or in poor health – should make arrangements for testing with their doctor or one of the many healthcare providers now performing testing,” according to MSDH. “Healthcare providers can assess your health history and symptoms, and perform testing for COVID-19 as needed. MSDH is also helping conduct free drive-up testing sites in many parts of the state. Always call ahead to the testing provider for instructions on safely being examined before you visit for your test.”
There are COVID-19 testing sites open in Hancock County.
• Hancock Women’s Center, 1009 Benigno Lane, Bay St. Louis. Walk-ins are welcome, both male and female, with results in 36-14 hours. Open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.; and Friday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. For more, please call 228-467-2555 or go to www.hancockwomenscenter.com.
• Memorial Drinkwater Internal Medicine Walk-In Clinic, 300 Drinkwater Drive, Bay St. Louis, Monday – Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Memorial Hancock Family Practice, 4433 Leisure Time Drive, Diamondhead, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. –5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Call (228) 867–5000 before visiting a clinic to allow the staff to determine the next steps and to prepare for your arrival.
• Children’s International Medical Group — 467-1320
• Coastal Family Health Center — 228-463-9666.
Learn more at www.msdh.ms.gov.