The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) on Monday reported 173 new cases of COVID-19 and 5 new deaths in the state.
“Mississippi's total of COVID-19 cases since March 11 now stands at 9,674, with 435 deaths,” according to an MSDH statement Monday.
Hancock County now has a total of 74 cases of COVID-19 with 10 deaths. Six of those cases and three of the deaths occurred in long-term care facilities, according to MSDH's latest figures.
The MSDH has begun releasing data on patients who have been “presumed” recovered from the virus. Currently, 6,268 of the Mississippians who were previously afflicted with COVID-19 are “presumed recovered” from the disease.
As of 6 p.m May 10, the MSDH Public Health Laboratory has conducted 15,737 tests. The total number of positive individuals from MPHL tests is 1,911, MSDH reports. The total tests performed by other providers is 80,148.
“Anyone with symptoms of fever, severe cough or severe chest pains – especially those who are older or in poor health – should make arrangements for testing with their doctor or one of the many healthcare providers now performing testing,” according to MSDH. “Healthcare providers can assess your health history and symptoms, and perform testing for COVID-19 as needed. MSDH is also helping conduct free drive-up testing sites in many parts of the state. Always call ahead to the testing provider for instructions on safely being examined before you visit for your test.”
There are now COVID-19 testing sites open in Hancock County.
• Hancock Women’s Center, 1009 Benigno Lane, Bay St. Louis. Walk-ins are welcome, both male and female, with results in 36-14 hours. Open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.; and Friday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. For more, please call 228-467-2555 or go to www.hancockwomenscenter.com.
• Memorial Drinkwater Internal Medicine Walk-In Clinic, 300 Drinkwater Drive, Bay St. Louis, Monday – Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Memorial Hancock Family Practice, 4433 Leisure Time Drive, Diamondhead, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. –5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Call (228) 867–5000 before visiting a clinic to allow the staff to determine the next steps and to prepare for your arrival.
• Children’s International Medical Group — 467-1320
• Coastal Family Health Center — 228-463-9666.
Read more at https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,0,420.html.