The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) on Friday reported 1,031 new cases of COVID-19 in the state and 11 new deaths.
There were new cases reported in Hancock County.
Hancock County’s total number of cases stands at 141 with 13 COVID-19-related deaths.
“Mississippi's total of COVID-19 cases since March 11 now stands at 34,622, with 1,215 deaths.” according to the agency’s statement on Friday. “There are now 109 active outbreaks of COVID-19 in long-term care facilities (where an outbreak is one or more cases among residents or staff).”
As of July 5, the MSDH estimates that 22,167 Mississippi residents who had tested positive for COVID-19 are presumed recovered.
As of July 9, the number of patients hospitalized with confirmed infection is 711; 270 hospitalized with suspected infection; 205 patients in ICU; and 103 patients on ventilators, according to MSDH.
As of July 9, MSDH has administered a total of 61,781 tests and 281,254 administered by other testing providers, MSDH states. The total number of tests statewide is 343,035.
“Anyone with symptoms of fever, severe cough or severe chest pains – especially those who are older or in poor health – should make arrangements for testing with their doctor or one of the many healthcare providers now performing testing,” according to MSDH. “Healthcare providers can assess your health history and symptoms, and perform testing for COVID-19 as needed. MSDH is also helping conduct free drive-up testing sites in many parts of the state. Always call ahead to the testing provider for instructions on safely being examined before you visit for your test.”
There are COVID-19 testing sites open in Hancock County.
• Hancock Women’s Center, 1009 Benigno Lane, Bay St. Louis. Walk-ins are welcome, both male and female, with results in 36-14 hours. Open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.; and Friday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. For more, please call 228-467-2555 or go to www.hancockwomenscenter.com.
• Memorial Drinkwater Internal Medicine Walk-In Clinic, 300 Drinkwater Drive, Bay St. Louis, Monday – Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Memorial Hancock Family Practice, 4433 Leisure Time Drive, Diamondhead, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. –5 p.m. and Sat & Sun 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Call (228) 867–5000 before visiting a clinic to allow the staff to determine the next steps and to prepare for your arrival.
• Children’s International Medical Group — 467-1320
• Coastal Family Health Center — 228-463-9666.
The Mississippi Coronavirus Hotline is 877-978-6453 and is available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week.
For more information, visit www.msdh.ms.gov.