Fourteen nabbed in drug round-up
By Cassandra Favre
Aug 24, 2013, 00:21
The Hancock County Narcotics Division rounded up 18 suspects in less than 24 hours.
On Thursday night, agents discovered an active meth lab off of Hwy 607 near Texas Flat Road.
Officials had received several complaint and conducted weeks of investigation.
Four people were found actively cooking meth, deputies said.
A one-third ounce of finished methamphetamine, numerous precursors, scales and other paraphernalia and inactive lab sites were found, officials said.
Clean-up crews cleaned the scene and agents rendered it safe, said Jeremy Skinner, Commander Hancock Countyy Narcotics Division.
The four people arrested were:
• James Bond, 50, Nicholson.
• Cassandra McGowan, 41, Picayune.
• Timothy Harris Jr., 56, Nicholson.
• Tony Herring, 32, Picayune.
All four were charged with manufacturing a controlled substance, generation of hazardous waste and possession of a controlled substance.
They are being held at the Hancock County jail pending an initial court appearance.
On Friday morning, Hancock County agents along aid from the Drug Enforcement Administration, Homeland Security Investigations and the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, picked up 13 more suspects throughout Hancock County on felony narcotic related warrants.
Warrants were obtained after individual investigations produced significant evidence that the persons were in direct acquisition or distribution of illegal narcotics, Skinner said.
The following were arrested Friday morning:
• Zackarias Nichols, 28, Bay St. Louis, three counts of controlled substance.
• Christopher Proulx, 23, Bayside, two counts of controlled substance.
• Adrian Barone, 34, Diamondhead, two counts sale of controlled substance.
• Brandon Illing, 21, Kiln, sale of controlled substance.
• Kathleen Ashford, 61, Kiln, two counts acquisition by fraud.
• Jesse Young, 40, Bay St. Louis, three counts acquisition by fraud.
• Theodore Hawkins, 23, Waveland, two counts sale of a controlled substance.
• Terry Lewis, 30, Waveland, sale of controlled substance.
• David Silverman, 56, Bay St. Louis, sale of controlled substance.
• Terry Joseph, 51, Waveland, two counts sale of controlled substance.
• Megan Ladner, 25, Waveland, sale of controlled substance.
• Steven Parker, 42, Bayside, two counts sale of controlled. substance.
• John Marshall Jr., 33, of Pearlington, sale of a controlled substance;
• One juvenile from Diamondhead for sale of a controlled substance.
The Hancock Narcotics Division is still looking for several other suspects, Skinner said.